Prom is just around the corner! If you want to look your best and wow everyone with your stunning looks, make sure to avoid these common prom style mistakes.
- Getting a drastic color job or radically different haircut just before prom. You want to make sure that you look like you at your prom. This is not a good time to try out a drastically different look.
- Getting your hair styled at a place that specializes in cutting hair. Find a place like The Hairports Wash and Blow Dry Bar that specializes in style!
- Doing your own makeup. For a formal event like the prom, your everyday makeup will not do. You will need an evening look. But so many girls try to do it on their own, slather on too much color, or not the right colors, and end up looking like a clown! When you book your blow out, ask for makeup application, too.
- Unnatural looking false eyelashes. False eyelashes aren’t a bad idea. But leave the selection to the experts so you get a natural look.
- Overdoing the accessories. Just the right amount of accessories will highlight your outfit. You don’t need one or more of everything in order to look great. Too much is too much!
- Choosing a hairstyle without considering the dress you are wearing. Make sure to snap a picture of your gown for the hairstylist so your hair looks natural for your overall look.
- Forgetting to book an appointment ahead of time. Around prom time, hairstyle appointments book up fast!
- Wearing uncomfortable shoes or brand new shoes. Buy your shoes ahead of time. Break them in. Make sure they are comfortable for dancing.
- Not listening to advice. Listen to your hairstylist when they suggest something. Entertain your mom’s ideas about what would look nice on you. They want you to look elegant and incredible for your special day.
Don’t miss out on your opportunity to have your hair and make-up done professionally by a stylist at The Hairports Wash and Blow Dry Bar. Book your appointment now. Booking is easier than ever with our app for booking! Download now and make your appointment any time. Or you can book the old-fashioned way by calling 609-395-8424.