Spring is almost here which means so is YOUR PROM!
What an exciting time as you celebrate with friends and prepare to journey beyond high school. You’ll want this once in a lifetime experience to be truly memorable which means minimizing stress and emphasizing FUN!
Jennifer Powell, Founder, of The Hairports Wash and Blow Dry Bar offers this all-important pre-prom tip – SCHEDULE YOUR HAIR APPOINTMENT as far in advance as possible. Since you’ll want to have your hair styled on the day of the prom, waiting until the last minute could prove disastrous because spots will book up fast!
At The Hairports Wash and Blow Dry Bar located in Hamilton Township, NJ, we don’t do any cutting or coloring…we SPECIALIZE in STYLING whether it’s the latest trend or a classic vintage look. Our makeup artists can professionally apply your makeup too, but you’ll need to book an appointment ASAP.
Here are some more tips to help you on your way to having a blissful and stress-free prom experience:
- The DRESS – Go with a style and color that matches your personality and gives you confidence. Remember to check out consignment or vintage shops, or even renting that “red carpet” dress!
- The SHOES – Your shoes can make or break the dress…and your night if they’re not comfortable! With so many styles to choose from, you’re bound to find just the right pair. Remember to break them in and pick up a pair of cute ballerina flats to dance the night away!
- ACCESSORIES – This includes items such as undergarments, jewelry, small bag or clutch for a few essentials, and a wrap or pretty shawl for chilly weather. All should complement your dress, not overpower it.
- APPOINTMENTS – Remember to schedule these well in advance because spots will fill up fast!
- DAY BEFORE: Get your MANI/PEDI the day before, NOT the day of your prom. You want to avoid chipping or smudging while getting dressed and glammed up for your big night.
- PROM DAY: Have HAIR and MAKEUP done – If you have hair accessories, take them with you and if you’re having your makeup done, take a color sample or picture of your dress as a guide.
At Hairports Wash and Blow Dry Bar, you will get personal and professional service.
Whether you have a style in mind or want to choose from our list of Destination Styles, a Hair Traffic Controller will help you complete your look with perfection. We also offer combination packages that include both hairstyle and makeup.
Visit thehairports.com website today for a complete list of services. You can schedule an appointment online or call 609-395-8424 if you have any questions or to book a Party Package for you and 5 of your friends!