You want to treat your hair right, am I right? To give it that healthy glow that adds vibrancy to your look and your step. So you look to the shampoo bottle for some help.
Lather. Rinse. Repeat.
Those instructions are not very helpful. They can be harmful, counter-productive, and even wrong in the final step.
So what are the right steps to a great shampoo and a great head of hair? Well, you could always make a standing appointment and let us treat you right. For the days a visit to The Hairports is not practical, we offer the following tips.
• Start with a rinse. Get that hair good and wet before applying any product.
• A little dab will do. Unless your hair is particularly long or thick, you need no more than a quarter-size amount of shampoo for a thorough wash.
• Apply shampoo to the scalp only, where hair is most oily. After cleaning the scalp, work the shampoo gradually through the midpoint and to the tips.
• Massage gently, especially the further away from the roots that you move. The tips of hair are the oldest and driest parts and, therefore, the most brittle. Avoid breaking the tips with a gentle technique.
• DON’T repeat. Unless your hair is particularly dirty or oily for some reason, there is no need to wash it more than once.
• If using conditioner, apply only from the mid points to the tips. The scalp has plenty of natural oils, and application of conditioner to the scalp can cause an itchy irritation. Let the conditioner stay in your hair for at least a minute (the longer the better) before rinsing out.
• Rinse your hair in cold water to lock in the moisture and finish the process.
Dry your hair, brush, and be on your way! Follow these tips for a vibrant head of hair day in and day out. And don’t forget to enjoy some great relaxation by letting us treat your hair right every chance you get!