Everything should be perfect on your wedding day, including your makeup. The Hairports offers a .
Here is what you need to know and do if you book a wedding makeup appointment with us.
1) Let us know about allergies you have when you make your appointment. Admittedly, makeup allergies are very rare, but we absolutely want to avoid any problem.
2) Tell us when and where the wedding will be held. If it’s going to be outside, we need to plan for that. If it will be inside, we need to plan for that. Daytime and nighttime weddings also matter. It’s all because of the light. Your makeup needs to look natural under the light being used in the photography.
3) Before you come in, wash and scrub lightly. Don’t use anything harsh or anything that exfoliates vigorously. Gentle face soap and warm water are enough. Pat your face dry.
4) Don’t put on any makeup. That’s what we’re here for. If you put on makeup, we may need to take it off. That’s going to increase the time you’re with us and the cost. Let the pros handle it!
5) Come early. We recommend you get here at least 10 minutes before your appointment. That gives us a few minutes to evaluate you, the temperature, the humidity, the sun and other factors that can effect your makeup.
6) You may want a “trial session.” We’ll apply just a bit of the full makeup to let you decide if you like the look. You can try different lipsticks and other colorations. We’d like to see your dress and your bridesmaid’s dresses if we’re going to do their makeup as well.
7) We’ll take a picture of the trial makeup. This will show you what we mean about how makeup and photographs interact.