Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! This is one of the most important days in your life and you want everything about it to be memorable.
With so many plans being made and details to tend to, here are five points you will want to consider when choosing a wedding hairstyle.
- The neckline of your dress – Does it have a high neckline; is it strapless or off the shoulder; does it have a low back?
- Your headpiece and/or accessories you’ll be wearing in your hair – Do you have a veil, tiara, crown of flowers, ribbon or clips?
- The setting of the ceremony and reception – Especially if it’s outdoors, consider the weather: temperature, wind, humidity, etc. and how your hair will hold the style you choose.
- Your personality – What style are you most comfortable with and gives you confidence? Are you a free spirit, boho, tumbling curls or loose braid type or are you more formal and organized and prefer a sleek style, updo, or twist?
- Timelessness – How will it look in photographs 10-20 years from now? Will your kids recognize you? Will you recognize yourself?
Trending for 2018 – The Wedding Hairstyle
Renato Campora, hairstylist to Margot Robbie and Mila Kunis, predicts a half-up style with tendrils or sparkly accessories. He says, “It works great on all hair textures and face shapes and is the perfect complement to all gown silhouettes.”
Lona Vigi, hairstylist for Reese Witherspoon and Sandra Bullock, predicts a resurgence in braids. She states that “Braids are still very popular for brides and can be a romantic, soft and pretty hairstyle that looks just as amazing in photos as it does in person.” Choose a braiding style that works best for your face shape and the texture of your hair.
Professional hairstylists at The Hairports Wash and Blow Dry Bar in Hamilton, NJ, are here to help you choose that special wedding day hairstyle. Schedule an appointment for a trial run. Take your headpiece and any hair accessories with you on your visit, along with a picture of the dress. This way the stylist can help you achieve your best look for a dream wedding!
Would you like a professional makeup application?
Hairports also has makeup artists to do that for you. They will consider things you may not think of such as skin tone, lighting, and what will photograph best.
Don’t forget about the bridesmaids, moms, grandmothers, and flower girl!
Give Jen Powell, Owner, a call to schedule a “Private Jet Rental” for parties of 6 or more.
Call today at (609) 395-8424 or visit us online for a complete list of hair and makeup services. You’ll be glad you planned ahead!