Congratulations! You’ve made it this far and now it’s time to focus on landing your first professional job. But first, you need to successfully make it through the interviews and that means being prepared and feeling confident.
Your education, resume, and skills have brought you to the door, but it’s the first impression you make walking through the door that could make or break your chance of being hired.
Remember…you don’t get a second chance to make a first impression.
Most likely you’ve given some thought as to how you will dress for an interview, but your hair and makeup are just as important as what you wear.
At The Hairports Wash & Blowdry Bar, we will work with you in choosing the perfect hairstyle and offer suggestions on which styles are best for your hair length and texture.
Consider these five helpful interview hairstyling tips:
- No matter what length your hair is, keep it away from your face. Playing with your hair and touching your face are common non-verbal mistakes potential hires make according to a survey of 2,000 employers, as well as being too fashionable or trendy in your appearance.
- Match your hairstyle to the industry – for example, in a creative and casual atmosphere, a messy bun will be more acceptable as opposed to that of a corporate setting where a low classic bun or chignon would be best.
- A partial updo (half up, half down) works with long or medium-length straight, wavy or curly hair and is an option when you feel most comfortable and confident wearing it down while keeping it away from your face which adds professionalism.
- Braids, ponytails, side-sweeps, and buns offer versatile options to keep hair in control because there are so many styling choices. Remember to keep it sleek, polished and professional.
- If your hair is short, create a contemporary and stylish look with a soft wave, side part, or use a texturizing spray for shine and volume.
Ultimately, stay true to yourself and choose the style that feels most natural and comfortable to you so you can stay focused on the interview.
At Hairports Wash & Blowdry Bar in Hamilton, NJ we will help you achieve the professional look you want by combining the expertise of your stylist with nourishing Ecru New York Hair Care products. Your hair will look healthy, hold its style, and shine through your interview and beyond.
If you are traveling, stop in before your flight for a first-class invigorating shampoo and blow-dry styling that will take you from boarding to your interview. We can also give you a professional make-up application to add that finishing touch.
For more information, visit us at hairports.com and check out our Round-Trip package that includes a soothing scalp massage, moisturizing hair treatment, Destination style, and makeup application. Call us today at (609) 395-8424 for an appointment.