We know you have been dreaming about your special day for so long! In the midst of all your planning, don’t forget to spend time thinking about your hairstyle for the big day. After all, your wedding pictures will be on display for years to come. Make sure you love your look!
And that doesn’t just apply to you, the bride. Don’t forget to include the bridesmaids, moms, and grandmoms, too. Even the flower girl!
Or maybe you aren’t in a wedding this year, but you are attending a wedding and want to look your best. After all, it’s not often that you get to go out dancing!
Need some style ideas? Wedding watchers have spotted these trendy hairdos for 2017:
- Long with tousled curls or waves. This often is paired with a loose braid starting from above one ear to the center of the back of your head. This keeps your hair out of your face, but lets you show off its length.
- Include a sprig of small flowers in the midst of a voluminous updo.
- Braids are beautiful! Fishtail braids and loose and wide braids are more popular than the tight pigtails of your childhood.
- Lots of bold colors are in: blue, purple, hot pink. If your hair is already colored, no need to cover up or change the color for the day. If you have a two-toned look, the right updo can show it off nicely.
- Having an outdoor wedding? Embrace nature in your hairstyle by including a floral crown wreath.
- A loose bun at the nape of the neck looks elegant.
- For short hair, smooth curls or a finger wave gives a vintage look.
- For very short hair, a simple headband gives just the right amount of decoration to draw attention to your beauty without being a distraction. You want people to notice how lovely you are, not how lovely your accessories are.
If you are making plans for a wedding, stop in at The Hairports and let’s do a trial run.
Make sure to bring a picture of your dress and any hairpiece you would like to wear so we can help you create a put-together look. We look forward to helping you celebrate your big day! Book your appointment now online or try our new app!