Cold temperatures outside and dry heat inside can zap moisture from your lovely locks leaving hair dull and lifeless.
When hair lacks moisture, it is prone to static, split ends, and breakage. It’s possible you will also notice slower hair growth, hair loss, and fading of color-treated hair during the winter months.
The good news is, there are steps you can take to keep hair nourished and healthy. Some you can do yourself at home, while others you may want to pamper your hair with a salon visit.
- Shampoo less often to help with dry, itchy scalp.
- Condition, condition, condition!
- Use a leave-in conditioner if your hair is prone to static.
- Baby hair once weekly by slathering on conditioner and allow time for it to penetrate your hair.
- Use color-restoring shampoo and conditioner to keep color-treated hair from fading.
- Limit the number of chemicals applied to your hair or use gentler products.
- Try braiding your hair or pulling it up into a bun or ponytail instead of blow drying every day.
- To avoid “hat head” put your hair in a high bun underneath your hat to keep roots lifted; when you remove the hat and free the bun, your hair won’t be flat!
- Line hats made of wool, acrylic, or any coarse fabric with silk or satin to prevent split ends or breakage.
- For an extra-special styling experience, visit The Hairports Wash and Blow Dry Bar where they use moisture-rich protein hair products to condition while styling.
When your hair needs some winter TLC, Hairports is here to help.
We use protein-rich products throughout our styling process to nourish, revitalize, and strengthen your lovely locks and bring back the shine. Plus, we’ll give you a professional blow out that you can style in several different ways all week long.